Haapsalu Neurological Rehabilitation Centre (HNRC) is a hospital located in peaceful and scenic surroundings that focuses on providing rehabilitation services for children and adults with neurological disorders.
Most of the hospital’s patients are people with spinal cord and brain injuries, but we also treat patients with progressive nervous system diseases, multiple traumas and congenital developmental disabilities.
HNRC has extensive experience, an enthusiastic team with a contemporary knowledge base, and modern equipment and facilities that are all effectively employed to serve the best interests of our clients.
The main goal of HNRC is to provide high-quality, evidence-based, client-centred and comprehensive services.
In addition to its everyday hospital work, HNRC also serves as a practical training base for young specialists and is a reliable partner in various research and development projects.
Please be kind to see videos about the services HNRC is providing for its patients.
HNRK in numbers:
- Founded in 1958
- 102 dedicated rehabilitation beds (over 25% of Estonia’s inpatient rehabilitation)
- 145 staff members
- Hospital covers 6145,6 m², over 1000 m² of which are dedicated to active treatments
- During a year the hospital provides services for roughly 3500 people
- The main funder of HNRC’s services is the Estonian Health Insurance Fund
- HNRC has three major developmental structures: Clinical Gait Lab, Neuro-robotics laboratory (in co-operation with Centre of Excellence in Health Promotion and Rehabilitation), Adaptive Device Centre
- Official language is Estonian, but English and Russian are not a problem while service provision